Monday, February 15, 2010

Apartment Update

So, where do I begin? We have finally gotten our place into a more livable state. You can actually walk around our apartment without the fear of steping on something, or triping on something, or having to walk through a maze.

We went to Ikea this weekend and got a new light fixture to replace a really crappy one in the kitchen. We also got some organizer trays, these set of cool candle sticks, a wine glass rack, and a whole lot of other stuff. Ikea was a madhouse! For those of you who are not privy to the Ikea world (my husband worked there for 5 years), Ikea changed management a few years back. You can totally tell, too. There were several, I would say about 7 display centers, under construction and things were not running as smoothly as they used to. It was crazy! I never want to go back again. Any who...

We went to go eat at this restaurant called Gravitas on Taft and Allen Parkway. It was pretty good! Well, except for the brownie, they need to work on that. The hostess was a total flake. She had this bleached blond hair that totally washed her out instead of making her look sexy and she was dumber than dirt. She even confessed to us that she had no clue what was going on. LOL. The bar had this cool DJ playing house music for everyone to enjoy. I had the lamb with fries and my husband had the Cordon Bleu cCicken and both dishes were to die for! Then we went back home and watched the movie "Monster." Wow, talk about your sad depressing movie!

"Monster" is about this woman serial killer down in Florida. She would kill her "Johns" for money. Well, the first time she killed was because he brutally raped her and she managed to escape and shoot him to death, only to find out later that he was planing on killing her! After that she just kept killing them. Despite that, you still manage to feel sad for the girl.

So we have been eating out for every meal since we moved, and it was not until yesterday that I was able to go grocery shopping. Thank you Jesus, WE HAVE FOOD!!! I was able to cook myself breakfast this morning and have a salad for lunch. Thank you very much.

I would like to thank my loving husband for making some chocolate covered strawberries and giving me the most wonderful card! THANK YOU BABY!

Let's see, what else is going on. Oh, yeah. I was off today because of Presidents Day so I was able to explore downtown. I got up, cooked breakfast, and went down to Macy's for my makeup remover. Then I went to BCBG and Forever 21. I was disappointed with BCBG but I was able to buy 2 tees for $7 total. We'll see how long they last. Anyway, that's it. We are off to go buy a microwave and a computer. Later.

1 comment:

  1. I like the new background, it looks better. (:
    Im glad that you are happy in your new apartment. Now im craving some chocolate covered strawberries. haha (:

    ReplyDelete