Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Move

I would like to thank our friends Ivan and Kathy for helping us paint our entire apartment! I also want to thank my sister, Vicky, for helping us move. Their help was heaven sent.

So how was the move you ask?


Well...it was the most difficult move I have ever had. I should know about moving, I have moved A LOT! We had to prepare our new apartment for the movers. This included painting the walls with this great Grey color my husband created. I am not sure if I already told you about this, but we had chosen this great Gray color. Unfortunately for us, the paint guy gave us the wrong color. So we had to lighten the color ourselves. To be honest, I really like the color we came up with. Any who, I had class on Saturday and we luckily were let our early. Right after I got out, my husband and I went straight to our old place to pack more boxes. We then headed to our new place and started painting. We painted from 4:00 pm to 12:30 am! We were so tired. Then we headed back to our old place because the movers were going to get there at 8:00 am.

So we wake up early, and by we I mean my husband, at 7:00 am to be prepared for the movers. Unfortunately for us, they were 2 hrs. late!!!! On top of that they were not really good. Some of our furniture has dings in it now. On top of that, one of the movers had the gall to hand my husband a business card, telling him that he was going to start his own moving business. Ha, yeah right! That is the last time we are using those guys.

I spend the rest of the night packing up our stuff and my husband worked on his midterm! I am so tired!! We still have boxes to unpack and finish painting. Our in-laws are coming over tonight to help us bring the last of our stuff. I can't wait until our new place feels like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment