Wednesday, January 27, 2010

First Day at Our New Place

Ok. So, since we did not have one more clean thing to wear, and our new place has free washers and dryers, we decided to spend the night. It was really, really interesting.

First of all, I was really happy that we did not have to leave our building just to wash our clothes. I can wheel our dirty laundry bin (which I stole from my sister, sorry sis, I owe you one) out of our apartment and walk a few feet, and there it is! You have no idea how happy that makes me.

Second of all, it was strange to sleep in a new and strange place, even though it's our own. It did not help that we had to sleep on the floor and on HARD wood floors at that.

Oh yeah. So my husband and I went out to dinner and decided to stop by Target to buy this air pump to blow some air into our air mattress. We have one already but it's a the car charger kind and not the regular wall plug kind. I was fine with driving to the top of the parking garage, blowing up our mattress and taking the freight elevator to our new place. I have a feeling that my husband was a little embarrassed by that idea, because he decided to buy a pump we could plug in the wall instead. So we headed off to Target to buy a pump, then went back to our "old" place and packed what we needed for the night (including our dirty laundry). We get there, we get the bell hop, lug all of our stuff to our "new" place and found out that the pump required batteries!!! On top of that, we had forgotten the laundry detergent. So we get back into the car and headed to our new neighborhood Kroger's/Randall's, I can't remember which. By the time we got home it was 10 pm and I still needed to do laundry. By the time it was all said and done it was 1 am before I got to go to sleep. Oh yeah. For some reason, our bathroom has a window in it. Well, we did not bring with us our shower curtain (we figured that we would be ok without it for one night) but we failed to realise that without one, our neighbors would get to know us in the most intimate of ways. Luckily for us, I brought over my house robe. We were able to open the small bathroom window, hang my robe over the open window, and take a hot shower with cold wind blowing in.

I will tell you one great thing about our night/day at our new place: the rail is right next to where we live!!!! It was AMAZING getting to work today.

I AM LOVING IT ALREADY!

3 comments: